Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Like Christmas in August...

While I was back in the Midwest a few weeks ago, I was enjoying family, friends...and antiquing! I started out my time there at my 25th high school reunion- what a great time! Followed by a drive from Illinois to Iowa for a few days to some of my favorite spots. Well, before I left, I managed to send my self six boxes. I could have bought so much more, but then I would have had to give up my plane ticket and rent a truck to get everything home! So...I was working today at A Beautiful Mess, Karen & I did some major rearranging and I was exhausted when I got home...thinking about putting my feet up. I get home, and my boxes are waiting.....Christmas in August! Funny how I got a second wind! It was so exciting to open a couple boxes and remind myself of the wrapped treasures inside. Some of the great finds will be saved until the two October shows I am doing.The Three Speckled Hens Antique Show Oct. 1 & 2 and Remnants of the Past Show Oct 8 & 9.
Stay tuned for details on the fall shows... Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment